About the Program:
SALT’s complete evangelism training program is designed for individuals willing to dedicate one semester to intensive evangelism training. Participants will learn and grow with other committed students as they attend practical, Bible-based classes and practice what they learn through hands-on outreach.
Program Dates: August 25 – December 14, 2019
- Certification as a Bible worker in just four months.
- Fully accredited classes that can integrate with many degree programs.
- Hands-on evangelism training by experienced instructors.
- SALT classes complete 85% of an Evangelism Minor.
- Confidence in sharing your faith and leading others to Jesus.
- Real-life experience in soul winning and use of interpersonal skills.
- One-year task-force positions in Bible work, foreign missions, and evangelism upon completion.
For non-credit participants, a program fee of $3,005 will be charged. SALT scholarships may also be available to non-credit participants and credited. More information about costs and the credit versus non-credit options is downloadable here.
Whether you will be taking SALT for credit or not, a fully accredited Bible Worker Certification is awarded to all qualifying SALT participants.
All payments (for both credit and non-credit participants) will be handled through Southern Adventist University. To make a payment contact 423.236.2826
Students are responsible for providing and maintaining their own transportation for outreach activities. If you don’t have a vehicle, you may partner with someone who does.
For-credit SALT participants are considered full-time students of Southern Adventist University and are eligible for regular student housing and meal plan options. With the exception of Summer SALT, non-credit participants are responsible for their own lodging. Meal plans are available for both credit and non-credit participants. For a list of nearby housing options available, please contact Southern Adventist University.
As a SALT participant you not only learn about evangelism in the classroom, you practice it in the real world. SALT includes weekly Bible work outreach giving Bible studies in the community, knocking on doors, building relationships, partnering with and inspiring a local church, and assisting with a full-length evangelistic series. All of this is done with great mentors working with you and your Bible work partner, giving the ability to learn directly from your instructors outside of the classroom.
It all depends. You will want to consider questions such as: What are my long-term career goals? Do I plan to pursue a college degree in the future? Have I looked at what financial aid I may be eligible for from Southern? More information about costs and credit versus non-credit options can be had by contacting us via e-mail or by phone.
Designed for busy people looking for intense evangelism training in a short period of time, Summer SALT pulls crucial excerpts from our full semester program to cover the basics of personal and public evangelism, the evangelism cycle, and tools for outreach in your local church and community. Food and housing are available. Visit our Summer SALT page for details.
Limited scholarships will be awarded to applicants on a first-come, first-served basis. Apply early to get your spot! For-credit SALT students are eligible for regular Southern scholarships and financial aid as well. If you think you may have financial difficulties, we encourage you to contact SALT to see what additional financial assistance we may be able to help you with.
Due to its intensity, SALT is not designed to be combined with other classes or work responsibilities. If you can’t dedicate a full semester to SALT, but still want Bible work and evangelism training, contact us and we’ll help arrange a special plan so you can complete the Bible worker certification through Southern.
- RELP 267 Introduction to Christian Leadership (2 hrs)
- RELT 255 Christian Beliefs (3 hrs)
- RELP 264 Christian Witnessing (3 hrs)
- RELT 177 Christian Spirituality (3 hrs)
- RELB-225 (or RELB 325) Prophetic Studies (3 hrs)
- RELP 291 Practicum in Bible Work (1-3 hrs)
- NOND 101 Southern Connections for Bible Work (1 hr) (required for Freshman only)
- RELP 391 Practicum in Bible Work (1-3 hrs) (in place of RELP 291 Practicum in Bible Work)